[Asterisk-Users] Re: SIP signaling vs Media (Voice) Traffic

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:28:53 MST 2005

Thanks to JT for the response below:

The short answer is: no.

However, there is a solution.  Set up a nameserver in your office
that replies with the "internal" address of your Asterisk server to
systems that are on your office LAN, and replies with the "outside"
address of your Asterisk server when asked from hosts outside your
LAN.

This can be done crudely with just launching a local version of BIND
that has a different zone file, or it can be done more elegantly with
DNS "views" on your primary nameserver.  I'll let you and Google
figure out how to do it.  :-)