[Asterisk-Users] *** Asterisk 2.0 Stable release out now

Bryce Chidester bryce at rhinoequipment.com
Thu Aug 11 10:26:48 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 18:06 +0100, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> Eric Wieling aka ManxPower [eric at fnords.org] wrote:
> > Justin Selleck wrote:
> > > Is asterisk 2.0 real?  Running in c#?  I see references to it but cannot
> > > find it anywhere.
> > >
> > r: Generate a ringing tone for the calling party, passing no audio from
> > the called channel(s) until one answers. Use with care and don't insert
> > this by default into all your dial statements as you are killing call
> > progress information for the user. Really, you almost certainly do not
> > want to use this. Asterisk will generate ring tones automatically where
> > it is appropriate to do so. "r" makes it go the next step and
> > additionally generate ring tones where it is probably not appropriate to
> > do so.
> >
> I think you might have replied to the wrong article.

Actually, I believe that's part of his signature, seeing as it comes
after the '--' denoting a signature, and after his name. Also, I don't
believe it's an exact quote, or anything at all like the wiki entry.
Rather, this is just an expression of the frustration of people using
the 'r' option in Dial() statements where it usually messes things up
rather than make them right.

--
-Bryce
bryce at rhinoequipment.com

NOTICE: The views expressed in this e-mail do not neccesarily reflect
those of my employer, this company, or its employees. This is a personal
e-mail and as such, the opinions expressed are my own.