[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Question: Building an Asterisk system to replace an old PBX but using existing phone

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Thu Aug 11 08:05:29 MST 2005

On Aug 11, 2005, at 10:35 AM, Sean Rima wrote:

> Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 11 August 2005 09:31, Sean Rima wrote:
>>
>>> They are standard phones but I also want them to have all the
>>> features
>>> that Asterisk does provide, so I may build a bos for my house and
>>> show
>>> them that as well
>>>

>> Standard phones can still do MWI (if they have a light), call
>> transfers,
>> three-way calling... all the good stuff that any Zap channel can
>> provide.
>>
>> If they have displays and conform to ADSI they can even have soft
>> buttons and
>> so on.  I have that at my house.
>
> Nope nothing like that only basic telephones
>
> Sean

This may be heresy for some, but  I would look into A at H for a
reasonably sized hotel. It has wakeup calls & weather built-in, easy
for the hotel to configure, etc, and despite the "home" in the name,
it is solid and robust. Contrary to popular belief, you can also
extend it as needed by using the extensions_custom.conf file.

Tom