[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Question: Building an Asterisk system to replace an old PBX but using existing phone

Tom Hayden thayden at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 06:03:02 MST 2005

Well, it's unlikely you're going to find a PCI card that can handle
twenty analog lines, however I suggest you look at purchasing a "call
bank" such as the adit 600.  You then can link up your * server with
the call bank using a T1 card and control and route calls using that
method.

--
Tom Hayden
Astoria Telecom, LLC

On 8/11/05, Sean Rima <thecivvie at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I have a brief from a local hotel to build a PBX using Asterisk but they
> want to use their exisiting telephones and wiring from an old PBX that
> no longer works.
>
> Basically, I can build the system but an looking for a card that will
> allow for upto 20 extensions to be wired into the back of the PC. Doeas
> anyone know of a solution to this
>
> Sean--
> ICQ: 679813    FidoNet: 2:263/950
> Jabber: tcob1 at jabber.org AOL: tcobone