[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Question: Building an Asterisk system to replace an old PBX but using existing phone

Chad Osmond osmond at holburn.com
Thu Aug 11 06:02:27 MST 2005

To use the old phones and existing wiring you'll need some E1/T1 FXS
Channel banks  and a T1/E1 Card. Each bank will handle 30/24 phones and
pipe them into a single E1/T1 connection.

You can connect up to 4 (or 8 soon from Sangoma) T1's per card. I really
like the Sangoma cards, there are also Digium cards as well.

The Wiki will have a lot more information regarding Channel Banks and
FXS adapters, I would suggest starting there.

Chad