[Asterisk-Users] RE: GrandStream GSX-2000 strangeness

Faris Raouf faris at cymru1.net
Thu Aug 11 03:16:59 MST 2005

Thanks to all who replied on this.

But amazingly I think I've solved the problem.

Basically I did a factory reset (select reset via the Menu key then enter
the MAC address [as shown on the white label under the phone], then press
Menu key again) and re-entered the necessary config details on both phones.

And this has solved the problem completely (so far). Can you possibly give
it a go to see if it solves your problem too Mark?

What I don't (yet) know is the cause. It could be that the last firmware
update somehow corrupted some of the existing settings, or it could be that
prolonged use causes the problem, requiring a factory reset.

I can still duplicate the sound problems in a way though. If you login to
the phone's web config page, while listening to the phone giving a
dial-tone, I can hear the same type of glitches happening every time I click
on any links.

So it seems that the source of the glitches is probably the phone doing
something internal and getting stuck in a loop.

GrandStream support also replied to my email on this subject, suggesting the
possibility that it may be a hardware problem and asking for me to send them
a copy of the phone's config.

Faris.