[Asterisk-Users] Cisco IP Phone 30 VIP

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Aug 10 18:11:51 MST 2005

Jason Walker wrote:
>>the SEPDefault.cnf binary file that is refered to on voip-info under the
>>Cisco 12sp+/30VIP page.  I am open to anything needed to get these
>>phones working as the company i work for is non-profit and dont have
>>much of a tech budget and I can get them for around $30 each.

You might be able to get the phones for $30 each but if you want to stay
100% legal the software is going to cost you $150 for the license (the
license is nontransferrable so if you got those secondhand you nave no
software license for whatever's on there now) plus ~$100 per phone for
the maintenence contract to get hold of the images.

You might be able to talk cisco down a bit.. others have just given up
and got images off ebay (took me over a year to get a proper contract..
and the dealer had to have legal threats before they'd actually send the
details.  Cisco don't like end users at all.).

Tony