[Asterisk-Users] Re: Panasonic KX-TD500

Nenad Radosavljevic nenadr at deltaplan.co.yu
Wed Aug 10 13:26:01 MST 2005

> Hi
>
> I have a connection with Panasonic TDA200.
>
> 1. For echo,,, echocancel=yes, must be before the channel definition of
> the
> PRI.

I'm very glad if that worked for you, but in case of D500 (connected as
described in previus messages in this thread), it seems that there is no
solution for echo problem.
I was even in contact with Digium support and after testing, we came to
conclusion that calls that are entering Panasonic over a PRI and got picked
up by any Panasonic Extension and then transfered to Asterisk connected over
second PRI, are seen by Asterisk as analogue calls (no matter they entered
Panasonic over PRI and left Panasonic over second PRI and got to Asterisk
over the PRI :) ). This type of calls, and by my now 6 months expirience
with asterisk-panasonic D500 hybrid, ONLY this type of calls, always have a
noticable echo (tested with all different TX and RX leves, all kind of
echo-cancellation compiled in zaptel drivers, all kind of echocancel,
echocancelwhenbridged and echotraining settings).

So far no solution for that (except I'm trying to get external hardware
1xE1/PRI  echo-canceller, to put it in between asterisk and D 500, to see
will it solve problem :( ).

Regards,
            Nenad