[Asterisk-Users] Is it mandatory to give power supply to TDM400P card

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Aug 10 12:11:06 MST 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 14:27, Lokesh kumar wrote:
> I can modprobe TDM400P card without feeding power
> supply , so what is the purpose of providing power
> supply in that card.
> Can any body tell me

While new people to Asterisk is always a good thing and we try to help as much
as possible, please do some rudimentary research before posting questions to
a list of over 10000 recipients.

The TDM400P power supply is required for any FXS modules.  If you have an
FXO-only system then the power supply connector may be left unplugged.

-A.