[Asterisk-Users] Build on Itanium fails

Rollin Weeks rollin.sling at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:20:31 MST 2005

One must keep in mind that the config files specify how hardware is to be
handled.
If config files are present, the defaults in them are adequate to keep
really bad
things from happening. If not . . . . . .
By the nature of this beast, it can easily seg fault if hardware drivers
don't have
proper controls. I had seg faults several times WITH config files until I
got the
parameters right. I did not consider that a huge bug, but rather part of my
learning
curve with asterisk.

As far as the compile problem with the Itaniam system, are you sure you have
compiler version that fully supports this hardware/OS combination?

Rollin Weeks