[Asterisk-Users] SPA 841 form SIPURA

Hugh L. Johnson hugh-lists at teknology.net
Tue Aug 9 12:47:36 MST 2005

> I don't know if I'd recommend them.  There is a lot of personal
> preference involved and the 841 certainly seems to be able to provoke
> strong dislike for people.

I switched my business from our old PBX to Asterisk 3-4 months ago.
Some folks hate "Asterisk"...I've attempted to convince them that they
don't hate the system that they hate the 841 phones.

I, and the more technical people in the company, have no problem with
the 841s.  There are certainly limitations..cheap handset, unusable
speakerphone, spongy keys..but that is what we expected from a $60 phone
(eBay).

I'm putting in an order for some Polycom 500s for the whiners later this
week.