[Asterisk-Users] Build on Itanium fails

Jonas Arndt jonas_arndt at comcast.net
Tue Aug 9 09:26:31 MST 2005

Hi Guys,

I hope this is the correct mailing list for this question.

I have a dual 1.6 Ghz Itanium with 4 Gb of memory. Yes, a lot of power
for Asterisk. I am running SuSE Enterprise Server with the
2.6.5-7.97-default kernel. I have just started to look into Asterisk and
I am in the building stage. Now building something on Itanium is almost
always a bit of a challange. This is unfortunately the case for Asterisk
as well. I have seen some binary build for Itanium on Debian, so it
should work somehow.

The problem I am currently facing seem to be in the codecs/gsm
directory. I am getting the error:
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/asterisk/codecs/gsm'
if [ ! -d ./lib ] ; then mkdir ./lib ; fi
gcc -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -g  -Iinclude -I../include -D_REENTRANT
-D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6   -DZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS
-fomit-frame-pointer  -fPIC     -c -DNeedFunctionPrototypes=1
-funroll-loops -fPIC -O6 -march=ia64 -DSASR -DNDEBUG    -DWAV49
-I./inc src/add.c
cc1: error: invalid option `arch=ia64'

Can somebody help me?

Thanks,