[Asterisk-Users] How to configure Outbound Proxy for REGISTER?

Michael Lunsford michael.lunsford at cbeyond.net
Tue Aug 9 05:22:06 MST 2005

Is there no way to configure an outbound proxy when registering? I am
trying to use proxy.siprovider.com as the outbound proxy and
mydomain.com as my fromdomain. However, the fromdomain only seems to
take effect for INVITEs, not for REGISTERs.

I have the following configuration:

[general]
port = 5060 ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 10.0.1.1 ; Address to bind SIP channel to
context = sip-external ; Default context for incoming calls
tos=reliability ; IP QoS parameter, either keyword or value
maxexpirey=180 ; Max length of incoming registration we allow
defaultexpirey=160 ; Default length of incoming/outoing registration
disallow=all ; Disallow all codecs
allow=ulaw ; Allow codecs in order of preference

register => myname:mypassword at mysipprovider.com

[mysipprovider.com]
type=peer
insecure=yes