[Asterisk-Users] send an sms through a gateway GSM (stargate)

Aimen Bouziri a.bouziri at directcentrex.com
Tue Aug 9 01:41:37 MST 2005

Good afternoon,

I am triying to send an sms through a gateway gsm (stargate) that is
connected to a ZAP card on my asterisk. But I get this message :

-- Attempting call on ZAP/g1 for application SMS(0) (Retry 9)
   -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
   -- Channel 0/1, span 1 got hangup
   -- Channel 0/1, span 1 received AOC-E charging 0 units
     > Channel Zap/1-1 was never answered.
Aug  1 16:12:27 WARNING[11168]: cdr.c:526 ast_cdr_disposition: Cause not
handled    -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'

I tried to send it with an smsq command and I have specified the channel
(ZAP/g1) in the smsq.c.

I don't see what is the problem. Does someone know what's wrong ?

Aimen Bouziri