[Asterisk-Users] FXO gateways

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Aug 8 20:15:44 MST 2005

> > Do you use this? Are you happy with it's performance? My experience a
> > year ago with other small FXOs was very dissappointing. I tried the
> > very earliest SPA-3000, TDM-400 and X101p. None were satisfactory so
> > resorted to call forwarding my two POTS lines to a lines from an ITSP.
> Nope, I don't. I use a TDM-400. But I've seen good comments about
> Mediatrix's product on this list. Hard to configure but once it's
> done, "It just Work" (tm). Maybe someone who actually use it can
> comment on it.

I'm not the OP, but did eval the 1204 about a year ago. Worked very well in
terms of transmission levels, echo canceller, etc. But, it was not at all
easy to configure and the only support that exists is through resellers (which
as been almost non-existant).

Unless their firmware has changed a lot (in the last year), security was
non-existant as anyone with even limited knowledge could hack the config (or
place calls through it). The 1204 does not have a sip 'register' function, and
getting it to work with asterisk required some very unusual methods. However,
once working, it did a very good job.

On going firmware upgrades are not available to anyone without paying a fee,
making the unit one of the most expensive to own.

To bad the audio quality and echo canceller can't be moved to the TDM card. :(