[Asterisk-Users] DTMF issues with SIPPhone?

Gary Reuter gary.reuter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 19:16:58 MST 2005

On 8/8/05, Jason DiCioccio <geniusj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess the problem is with SIPPhone then.  I opened a ticket with
> them.  I'll post their response when I have one.

I wouldn't bet money on that yet...
I've seen identical DTMF problems (doubled and mangled) digits and
I've never used SIPPhone.
I had traced it to a problem in the way asterisk handles
out-of-sequence RFC2833 dtmf indications.  See the -dev thread here:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2005-May/thread.html#12655

I tracked it down by using ethereal on the sip and rtp streams between
my different (working and non-working) SIP providers.  The only
difference I could find was the order of the dtmf packets, and with
the simple change to an 'if' statement mentioned in the -dev thread,
the problems all went away.