[Asterisk-Users] [OT] Yoda Communications' VG-400 (4 Port FXO and 2 Port FXO/2 Port FXS)

JP Carballo jplc at nf2x.com
Mon Aug 8 18:44:39 MST 2005

Steve Underwood wrote:

> JP Carballo wrote:
>
>> I'll post the VG-400 settings here and on voip-info.org as soon as I
>> get my notes together.
>>
>> Overall, I'm happy. It has sturdy construction, standard features,
>> and most of all works just fine with *.
>>
> I haven't used the VG-400, but I have used their 1 port unit. The only
> hardware problem I had with that was because its construction is *not*
> sturdy. They don't strap down some fairly heavy inductors on the PCB.
> During transit, bumping had cause the inductors to break off. After
> soldering them back the machine worked OK.
>
> The unit's T.38 code is buggy. It seems it can work in some setups,
> but in others the machine locks up and needs a hard reset when it
> hears FAX tone.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

This?
http://www.yoda.com.tw/model.php?type=VoIP_Solution&pname=VG100TA

In which case, I agree. It's plastic and the whole case is held together
by a single screw in the center, while the VG-400's case is of metal. I
still have like a dozen or so in stock. In fact, one of the VG-100's got
shipped back to us with a hole in it. Go figure. Some rat I'd wager.

I'll keep the T.38 factoid in mind when we need fax services. That does
not bode well though. Yoda may well have used the same libraries for
T.38 support in their product line.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level,
I'm really quite busy.