[Asterisk-Users] Re: asterisk rpms (was: Does anyone run Asterisk on FC4? with Digium's TDM40B cards)

Christopher Mylonas christopher.mylonas at olcs.com.au
Mon Aug 8 17:09:26 MST 2005

Morning,
I've installed asterisk on FC4 and had a few problems with zaptel stuff.
Having installed it on SuSE I was able to check a few things that were
different.

When installed with the RPMS, the udev stuff gets put into the normal 50-udev
file under /etc/udev.  On SuSE, it worked when the necessary zaptel section
was in a separate file name 55-zaptel.udev (the name is arbitrary, however
the number was the important part).  So i'm presuming this is a udev matter.
When i first started working with asterisk it was on mandrake with a 2.6
kernel - again, with this distro i had troubles with the udev and zaptel not
working.  From this went to SuSE and it was no probs.

I am still wrestling with asterisk on FC4.  The current problem is CDR dumped
into the MySQL database, and AMP not working correctly.  The problem is not
being able to connect to the manager "Unable to connect to manager (13)"
within AMP when making changes.  I'm thinking it's a little PHP problem at
the moment, however because I work on this box with another colleague and we
both hack the sht out of configs and stuff, i can't be certain.