[Asterisk-Users] Screening Sip Calls - Record()

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:49:54 MST 2005

I've posted about this before, but it's been so long I thought I'd see
if there is a new solution (can't find anything on google or wiki)

I use the Record() app on my incoming zap calls to record a persons name
if their caller id is not in the db.  After the name is recorded, the
call is parked and ParkAndAnnounce announces that a call is holding from
${SCREENNAME}.  Works fine with Zap, but obviously, SIP blows right
through the Record().  Is there any way to accomplish this on the SIP
channels?