[Asterisk-Users] http://www.voip-info.org/ front page taken out by spammer

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Mon Aug 8 12:45:25 MST 2005

Johan Nordström wrote:

> Try send an email to support at voip-info.org. I did regarding an other
> issue and recieved an answer from jht at lj.net <James H. Thompson>.
>
> Johan
>
> There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
> We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson
>
> Paul Belanger skrev:
>
>> Today the front page of http://www.voip-info.org/ was taken out by a
>> spammer.  It also seem the history page for http://www.voip-info.org/
>> was also nuked.  I've restored the best I could using google cache,
>> but still missing some information.
>>
>> Who is an admin on http://www.voip-info.org/ and can fix it?

Google cache is a hard way to fix wiki-busting -- the easiest way is to
click on "history" at the top of the page, go right to the version
before the spam, copy it, then paste it into an edit of the page..

Of course, now, it's harder, because since the page was restored, people
have since modified it..  (also, for some reason, when I click on
"history", nothing seems to happen)..

-SteveK