[Asterisk-Users] g729 recording on asterisk using g729 enabled phone

Tulika Pradhan tulikapradhan at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 06:33:48 MST 2005

hi,

i have installed asterisk on my system and using only g729 enabled phones.
from what i understand, we would not be needing any g729 licenses as all my
voicemail prompts are also in g729 and asterisk is not doing any
transcoding. when i use the voicemail function to record, the message is not
recorded (0 byte file is created) and it gives the following errors -

"unable to convert from g729 to slin"

in my voicemail.conf, the format is set as
format=g729

and in sip.conf,
disallow=all
allow=g729