[Asterisk-Users] NT1 devices with analog ports on HFC based ISDN BRI cards in NT mode and asterisk (chan_mISDN)

Nenad Radosavljevic nenadr at deltaplan.co.yu
Sun Aug 7 16:37:40 MST 2005

Hi all!

I got information that NT1 devices with analog ports (ab ports like on
Siemens Santis or Intracom NetMod or etc.), can be used like ISDN BRI/Analog
converters (i.e. for connecting analog phones or faxes to a HFC based ISDN
cards in NT mode).

Yesterday, I tried to do so with Intracom NetMod NT1, HFC-S PCI card, mISDN
drivers and chan_mISDN in *, but without success. chan_mISDN tells that
configuration is OK (NT mode PTmP) but L1 is constantly down and no dialtone
on alaog phone connected to ab port of the Intracom NT1.
Cable (cross ISDN cable) between NT1 and HFC card is corrcect also (I know
because, when I connect other *  with AVM - Fritz in TE mode to the same
Intracom NT1 (with a straight ISDN cable), chan_mISDN reports that L1 on
both * goes to UP).

Did anyone managed to make this configuration work ? If so, any help would
be apritiated.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
                Nenad Radosavljevic