[Asterisk-Users] request for clarification on Asterisk T.38 bounty

Adam Megacz adam at megacz.com
Sun Aug 7 14:34:45 MST 2005

The bounty stands at $5,500.  I'm seriously considering taking a shot
at it if I can find a decent T.38 provider to test with (I'm still
hoping for reliable PAYG T.38).

It looks like a lot of very smart people have done a lot of very hard
work (t38modem, spandsp) that would go towards getting this working.
At this point it appears to be mostly a matter of integration
(libspandsp+asterisk), encapsulating T.38 inside IAX2 (not too hard),
and testing (tedious and time-consuming).  Basically the easier but
less-fun part of the "big-picture" task.

My main question is this: how is the bounty divided?  Does the person
who does this "grunt work" get the whole $5,500, or does part of it go
to the authors of t38modem/spandsp (which would surely be a large part
of any solution)?

I guess on one hand it would be unjust *not* to divide the bounty with
them, but on the other hand, if the bounty is to be divided, I think
the uncertainty about exactly how that would happen might be a factor
in why the bounty has gone unclaimed for so long.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380