[Asterisk-Users] Can call from iax extn but cannot call it -unableto cteate channel iax

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Aug 7 13:12:26 MST 2005

brett at websmyths.com wrote:

> At least I used a personal pronoun... or are you speaking for Digium? 8-)

Nope, just Sunday afternoon venting... no official position should be
inferred from my comments <G>

> Well - here on the list I have seen people still using 1.0.5.  Maybe that
> info is correct for that version. I don't know. I'm not an expert. I
> tend
> to use the documentation supplied with and inside asterisk.

Well, we all know that is incomplete, and that the wiki is a valuable
source of additional documentation, hints, examples and such. There is
also nothing wrong with editing a page there saying "this
procedure/process/configuration has changed as of XXXX-XX-XX (or version
1.0.9), here is the updated information..."

> And nothing you have said invalidates my statement.  Most questions could
> easily be answered by reading... the config files, the help screens, or
> the
> wiki. I am sure the wiki will have massive updates after the 1.2 freeze
> hits.

Agreed 100%. I was not in any way disagreeing with your comments to the
OP, only reacting to the 'wiki is outdated' comment.

> I am glad we have both had the chance to vent....

And now back to your regularly scheduled newbie Asterisk at Home questions :-)