[Asterisk-Users] BudgeTone 100 Woes

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Sat Aug 6 07:57:04 MST 2005

I'm using 1 BudgeTone 100 IP Phone and a Sipura 2000 for all my old analog
phones.  The analog phones with the Sipura seem to work great.  Voice
quality is fine on both ends on the Sipura.  I'm using the Teliax service
and I use the Ulaw codec for all phones.

However, I'm struggling with the BudgeTone 100.  On my end, I find there is
lot's of voice cut outs.  I'm told my voice is find on the other end, but my
receiving end gets the cutouts.  I find it rather annoying and tend to
always use the Sipura phones, which work great.

I believe it's a configuration issue on the BudgeTone.  I've followed all
the examples and notes I could find on the subject on voip-info.com.

Has anyone else had this experience with the BudgeTone?  In general, I like
the phone, wish it worked better.

Thanks,

Jim