[Asterisk-Users] Does anyone run Asterisk on FC4? with Digium's TDM40B cards

Zachary Whitley mail at zacharywhitley.com
Sat Aug 6 06:05:51 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 16:14 +0600, Madhawa Jayanath wrote:
> Kumara Jayaweera wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >Does anyone run Asterisk on FC4? with Digium's TDM40B cards. any success
> >stories? my Intel 865 M'd+ Intel 3.0GHz freezee during installation (FC4).
> >Please any comments?
> >
> >Kumara

> Hello Kumara,
> Yes, Without problems.
> Can u install RH9 on ur box?
>
> Cheers,
> ~Madhawa

I'm assuming that Madhawa is suggesting that you install RH9. I've
installed Asterisk on FC4 with very few problems. Start with a standard
FC4 installation then install the following rpms from atrpms.net:

asterisk-addons asterisk-sounds zaptel zaptel-devices

If you already have it set up in yum you can just use:

yum install asterisk asterisk-addons asterisk-sounds zaptel
zaptel-devices

If the atrpm repo isn't set up in yum just copy the following
to /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo

--->CUT<---
#
#
[atrpms]
name=Fedora Core 4 - i386 - ATrpms
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc4-i386/atrpms/stable
failovermethod=priority

#
# requires stable
#
[atrpms-testing]
name=Fedora Core 4 - i386 - ATrpms testing
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc4-i386/atrpms/testing
failovermethod=priority
enabled=0

#
# requires stable and testing
#
[atrpms-bleeding]
name=Fedora Core 4 - i386 - ATrpms bleeding
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc4-i386/atrpms/bleeding
failovermethod=priority
enabled=0

One little problem. Maybe it's been fixed but last time I checked it
wasn't. In the /etc/init.d/zaptel the path to ztcfg is incorrect. Find
all references to ztcfg and change them to => /usr/sbin/ztcfg

You can copy the sample configs
from /usr/share/doc/asterisk-1.0.9/configs/ to get you going. Running
asterisk -c -vvv will let you know which ones you need.

The rest is going to be specific to your hardware and setup. Good luck.