[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Phones

Cullin J. Wible cwible at algorim.com
Sat Aug 6 05:17:18 MST 2005

A few comments:

1) We are using quite a few SoundPoint 300 and 501's with no problem.

2) Your intermittent ring issues sounds like what we saw when we tested the
phones through NAT (which doesn't really work at all despite what the
documentation says).

3) We also upgraded to the latest boot rom and firmware before testing. See:
http://www.freedomphones.net/polycom/files/

We also set the call count for each line to 1 so that once it has a call
going it is marked as busy causing asterisk to use the second call instance.
We have a macro that tries all of the call instances for a given phone in
order (the devices are marked MAC-1, MAC-2, etc). That way calls only ring
line 1, then line 2, then line 3, etc.

Try that and then see what happens.

Cullin