[Asterisk-Users] Nortel Option 11 and TE110P of Digium

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Fri Aug 5 18:45:18 MST 2005

Alvaro, have you considered putting the Asterisk box between the PSTN
and the Nortel.  In the initial Asterisk configuration, all you do is
hand-off incoming calls to the Nortel.  When someone on a Nortel set
dials an outside call, all the Asterisk box does is hand it off to the PSTN.

In this configuration the Nortel configuration does not have to be
changed (it doesn't know the configuration changed).  Also, you can then
make incremental changed to the Asterisk box (like adding some SIP
telephones).

I have an account here in Denver, Colorado where we have done what I
described (Nortel/Asterisk).  Contact me off list if you would like more
information.

Michael Welter
+1-303-718-2804