[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk MWI and Realtime

Michael Baird mike at tc3net.com
Fri Aug 5 13:04:55 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 14:06 -0500, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> Michael Baird wrote:
> > I'm testing my asterisk system and the realtime backend. My Asterisk
> > build is rather aged, 03/18/2005 CVS. I have successfully moved Sip
> > peers and Voicemail boxes to the realtime database backend and this
> > works very well except for MWI. I don't seem to be able to get MWI to
> > work when I store the voicemail information in a database backend, from
> > a flat file it does work fine. I'm using rtcachefriends=yes for my sip
> > users, per the WIKI, I'm presuming asterisk can't see these mailboxes,
> > and therefore can't poll them to send the alerts when necessary. Is
> > there anything that can be done to make this work properly, short of
> > going back to a flat file for voicemail.conf?
> >
> > Regards
> > Michael Baird
>
> We have been using RealTime and Voicemail for quite some time and have
> no problems getting MWI's.
>
> If your source is that old, it might be why the config option isn't working.
>
> -Matthew

Well, ok, the WIKI said anything newer then 03/16/2005 should work with
the rtcachefriends=yes option. It is definitely working, since sip show
peers also shows, my dynamicly configured sip clients. What would a
stutter tone signal look like in the debug log? I have verbose logging
turned on there. I do get the Sip Notify when a message is left, just no
stutter tone when picking up the phone. I will also refresh my build as
well, hopefully no big changes.

Regards
Michael Baird