[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk MWI and Realtime

Michael Baird mike at tc3net.com
Fri Aug 5 10:25:49 MST 2005

I'm testing my asterisk system and the realtime backend. My Asterisk
build is rather aged, 03/18/2005 CVS. I have successfully moved Sip
peers and Voicemail boxes to the realtime database backend and this
works very well except for MWI. I don't seem to be able to get MWI to
work when I store the voicemail information in a database backend, from
a flat file it does work fine. I'm using rtcachefriends=yes for my sip
users, per the WIKI, I'm presuming asterisk can't see these mailboxes,
and therefore can't poll them to send the alerts when necessary. Is
there anything that can be done to make this work properly, short of
going back to a flat file for voicemail.conf?

Regards
Michael Baird