[Asterisk-Users] Audio files problem - as usual

Luca luca_trotta at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 5 07:57:51 MST 2005

Hello List!

I have a problem that has been posted to the list more than once, but so far
I have not been able to find a solution searching the archives and Google.

The problem is with Asterisk audio files not being played to the x-lite
client.

I have an out-of-the-box Asterisk at Home configuration with no additional
hardware.  I have created extensions, clients over the LAN are able to talk
to each other and I can even listen to the MP3 files that come out of the
box with the mp3play command (both on the Linux box and on the phone).  But
all the standard audio files (voicemail, text-to-speech and even
music-on-hold) can't be heard.  It looks like Asterisk just hangs until I
hang up.  Sounds familiar?

Can you please help me out with this?

Thanks,

    Luca