[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk (Comedian Mail) and AUDIX

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Aug 5 07:26:16 MST 2005

McQuiggan, Mark xt46480 wrote:

> Has anyone been able to successfully integrate the Avaya AUDIX
> voicemail system with Asterisk?

Haven't tried it, but sounds doable.

> At worst case, I would like our Asterisk users to be able to bounce to
> an AUDIX mailbox for voicemail storage.  At best, I would like the
> users to use Comedian mail, with AUDIX messages from our head office
> forwarded automagically to Comedian.

Our Definity admin says he could make fantom exenstions with mailboxes.
Your dial plan then would, instead of calling the asterisk voicemail
system on unavable or busy, send them to the Definity fantom extension.
The problem being, vm indicators would not be present.

Doug