[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, Tenovis, Fritz, capi problem

Joseph Rothstein jrothstein at comcentrixs.com
Thu Aug 4 06:52:52 MST 2005

Background:

We are currently implementing an Asterisk based solution for a customer to
enable teleworker phone access. We have connected an Asterisk box running
SUSE 9.3 with an AVM Fritz PCI ISDN card installed running CAPI to a Tenovis
box. Softphones using SIP (referred to as SIP user) have been configured and
can register no problem with Asterisk. The SIP users can call each other
with no problem.

Problem:

Incoming calls to the SIP users work fine, but outgoing calls do not.
Outgoing calls ring the called number no problem (dialing using chan_capi
works fine), but when the called number answers, Asterisk does not receive
any notification that the call has been answered, and hence the softphone
keeps ringing. If the hash (#) is pressed on the called phone, the call is
then shown as answered, Asterisk sees it as answered, but there is only
oneway voice. The called party can hear the SIP user, but the SIP user
cannot hear the called party. Asterisk also does not get notification that
the call was terminated if the called party disconnects the call.

Attempted Solutions:

We believe this to be a DTMF problem, but are not sure. We have tried
changing the DTMF in the sip.conf and capi.conf files, but nothing seems to
solve the problem.

If anyone has solved this problem, or had any experience with a similar
setup, we would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Regards to all,

Joe