[Asterisk-Users] Dell Servers

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Thu Aug 4 16:41:57 MST 2005

> Supermicro's can be nice. Problem is that Supermicro's aren't sold in Canada
> and as per our specification is it needs to be a tower based server.

Is there another Canada we don't know about?

I went over to DirectDial.com (merely the first Canadian computer
retailer I could think of, not an endorsement or anything) and punched
in Supermicro and came up with a ton of stuff.  Supermicro is a major
vendor, and if you don't have Supermicro stuff in Canada, it would only
be because you don't have any computers up there (which I kinda doubt).

Oh, and

Q: How do you make a 3U or 4U rack mount server into a tower?

A: Put it on its side.

... JG