[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and the IAD2431 via MGCP

brent clements bcasterisktechlist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 15:30:07 MST 2005

I have the following upcoming install and I'm trying to do it without
having to resort to Digium t1 cards.

I have a Cisco IAD2431 being installed by our Carrier. That Carrier
will be providing 2 IP Trunks via ethernet handoff into the Cisco
IAD2431. The CIsco IAD2431 has Two T1 ports installed and we would
have to install a digium card to support those two t1's.

What I'd like to do going completely ethernet with this bad boy.

I'd like to have the following scenario:

Carrier
||  2 IP trunks via eth handoff
IAD2431 (this guy has 2 eth's on it available for networking goodness)
        \
         \ Ethernet
          \
Powerful  Asterisk Server
            \
             \
 SIPPHONE    SIPPHONE

I'm assuming this all goes through using MGCP
Anybody think this is doable?