[Asterisk-Users] Some echo?

Robbie Hughes spam at dynsysgroup.com
Thu Aug 4 14:10:11 MST 2005

I have a 12 channel PRI with SNOM 190's and asterisk CVS from January.
Most calls are fine, all incoming calls are fine, but I am getting
echo on a significant number of outgoing calls.
The person on the other side hears a perfect call, but the SIPphone
side gets to hear themselves.

It happens 100% of the time to some numbers (outgoing only), and only
sporadically to others.

Has anyone ever experienced this?
the RTT to the phones from the server is less than 10ms and it is a
100mbit network with no traffic and cisco switches.

zapata.conf attached below:
Note: The commented out gain of +2 on outgoing seems to make no
difference to the effect.

Has anyone got any ideas?

;
; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file

[trunkgroups]
group => 1,16
[channels]
spanmap => 1,1,1
language=en
context=from-pstn
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks

usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes