[Asterisk-Users] How scalable is asterisk

Madhawa Jayanath asterisk-user at dualcall.com
Thu Aug 4 11:31:15 MST 2005

Alex Ponnath wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am new to Asterisk and I am wondering if anyone has some real live
>Data on
>How well Asterisk scales ? I am interested on how many TDM to Voip and
>How many Voip to Voip calls it can handle.
>I am also wondering if anyone has used Asterisk more like a softswitch
>then
>A PBX to provide Services to End users.
>
>Thanks for any Answers and or pointers in Advance
>
>Alex

Hi Alex,
Please find answers bellow,
Q. I am interested on how many TDM to Voip and How many Voip to Voip
calls it can handle.
A. we've tested 120 calls with Dual Xeon 2.8GHz /3GB Ram

Q. How many Voip to Voip calls
A. our Asterisk box supports upto 360 IP 2 IP calls, without transcoding.

Q.I am also wondering if anyone has used Asterisk more like a softswitch
then A PBX to provide Services to End users.
A. Yes, we're using Asterisk as a soft switch.

Cheers,
~Madhawa