[Asterisk-Users] Polycom and Presence

Chris Coulthurst asterisk at shuksan.com
Thu Aug 4 10:49:45 MST 2005

I have seen somewhat similar behavior, but I think its generally linked to
me messing with the asterisk server.  If, for example I restart asterisk and
have voice mail waiting on a phone, it is right then that I will hear the
reminder 'chirp' that the polycoms make to let you know its waiting.  I
think somethings are reset when I reload the chan_sip.  Now this is just a
guess, since I never seem to notice the presence state when I do this, or no
one was actually on the phone.

I have my line 2 and line 3 positions set up to show me two other sip
extensions, so I don't have to press the 'buddies' button to see them.  To
reset it back to working, I just press 'directories' -> Contact Directory ->
And edit the entry (without changing anything really), and pressing the SAVE
button, and its all back again.

Chris Coulthurst
chris at shuksan.com