[Asterisk-Users] RPMS & SRPMS of Asterisk STABLE & HEAD on i686 & PPC

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 4 07:58:17 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have made (S)RPMS of cvs STABLE & HEAD and several other apps and put
them online at http://www.laimbock.com/asterisk/

The cvs STABLE RPMS support udev, Eicon Diva Server cards, HFC-S based
ISDN cards, QuadBRI and OctoBRI ISDN cards from Junghanns.net and
SpanDSP for sending & receiving faxes. The sample files are also
included and are put in /etc/asterisk-1.0cvs<date>_samples so they don't
interfere with your configs in /etc/asterisk.

The cvs HEAD RPMS do not support HFC-S based ISDN cards, QuadBRI and
OctoBRI ISDN cards from Junghanns.net because afaik there isn't a set of
bristuff patches that applies to current HEAD. If anyone has bristuff
patches for cvs HEAD then please let me know so I can include them in
the next build. The cvs HEAD sample files are included and put
in /etc/asterisk-cvs<date>_samples.

If you have a box running CentOS 4.1 on i686 or PPC (32 bit) than you
can grab the RPMS and install them. If you use Fedora Core 4 than you
may be able to rebuild the SRPMS (not sure though, I haven't tried it).

Please note that there is no autloading of zaptel modules. You will need
to manually load them by modprobing them in /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

If you find any issues please let me know so I can fix them.

Regards,
Patrick