[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Memory Leak in Stable?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Aug 4 07:45:42 MST 2005

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I have a client that has a fairly small installation (20 SIP
> Phones) that is running Stable. Asterisk appears to be consuming large
> quantities of memory, and growing uncontrollably to the point where after
> about 6 weeks the box starts to swap itself to death. I've been keeping my
> eye on it today, and in the last 12 hours, it has grown by about 8
> megabytes, and there has been no-one in the office placing any calls.

Score one bug fixed for Clue Con! Mark gave me some pointers on how to
debug this, and I did some legwork for him. He was able to isolate the
memory leak to app_dial, and sumbmitted patches to both Stable and Head
branches.

Thanks to everyone that sent suggestions!

                             KP-216-121-ST

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: