[Asterisk-Users] Re: inter-asterisk meetme

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 01:03:06 MST 2005

In article <20050804.094033.74754757.zenkato at pis.bekkoame.ne.jp>,
Zen Kato <zenkato at pis.bekkoame.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If there are 5 asterisk servers on the local net and each server
> runs meetme, eg. 3311,3321,3331,3341,3351 respectively.
>
> Can I connect these 5 meetme conferences to one meetme using IAX2?

Yes. Use a .call file or the Manager API on machine A to connect to
machine B's conf and then link it to machine A's conf. Something like:

Channel: IAX2/machineB/3321 at conferences
Context: conferences
Exten: 3311

This assumes that the context with your meetme extensions is called
"conferences", but it can be anything you like, of course.

The tricky bit is to hangup the call when you are finished with it.
You will either need to use the CLI to do a meetme kick, or else
monitor activity with the Manager API and issue a Hangup for the
channel.

HTH
Tony
--