[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk TDM card connected to phone linesAND fax line

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Wed Aug 3 22:44:15 MST 2005

I tried this with no luck on the machine, seems the fax did not like
even ulaw.  Ended up just putting it inline, but of course, in a
multi-line setup it could be a problem.

Just a word of advice, get another line for it if you can.  I fought for
about a year with my pingtel ip phone over a wireless connection, now I
got serious and got a normal line about 5 months ago.  Much better off
now... Only $45/month for a business line and I admit I prefer it.  Of
course, I still use ip lines through teliax and voipjet and they are
great.

Now I have 8 ip phones in 5 locations, and I couldn't be happier.

I do however have a static and volume problem on the zaptel 4 port card,
but working on it...

My experience with faxes is that, a document feeder machine is a must,
and although internet based fax sounds good, when your in a rush it just
does not cut it.

Regards,
Greg