[Asterisk-Users] Generic Question: Why should I use Asterisk over SIPxchange?

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Wed Aug 3 19:00:30 MST 2005

Michael,

This grabbed my attention. I'm fairly new to * and have been going
back and forth among linux distros. The one I have found most stable
is FC4, specially considering the fact that I use ztdummy since I
don't have zap boards in them.

Now, I've seen AstLinux postings on the list every once in a while
but I never really bother to look into it, until I read your posting.
It certainly looks interesting. The thing that caught my attention
most is the fact that it's such a small footprint, that it could be
relatively easy to build an small asterisk farm of servers that could
allow "easier" scaleability as well as build redundancy and fault-
tolerance.

Now, the question I have is what would be the simplest configuration
of hardware/AstLinux you would recommend for a small office that
would have 40 SIP phones and 1 T1 Digium/Sangoma card with a channel
bank on the smallest footprint running off of CF?

Thanks for your input.

Waldo