[Asterisk-Users] what phones support this when running with asterisk

Wed Aug 3 17:20:56 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 09:47 -0400, John Novack wrote:

> Tim Litwiller wrote:
>
> > I've been using * at home at my house for while and like it but for
> > work I didn't know the answers to these questions.
> >
> > But now my new employer is wanting to upgrade a very old phone system
> > and wants to make sure our new system has some features
> > I've talked to him about using asterisk and he put this on the
> > "required"  options list.
> >
> > a button with a  light for each incoming physical line and a button
> > and light for each user and the ability to transfer a call by pressing
> > hold and then that users button.
> >
> Better look into other systems.
> Asterisk and SIP can't yet handle this  COMMON requirement.

IMHO, all of what he wants is (or most likely will shortly be) possible
using the SNOM phones.

I'm not sure if 'hint's work with zap lines though, maybe they only work
for SIP lines, so you might need some SIP gw to convert your PSTN lines
to asterisk instead of using a digium card.

As for the recording at the touch of a button, it sounded like the SNOM
phone had a button for this, and was sending a signal that asterisk
doesn't currently understand, but with a small amount of effort (or
small bounty) should be doable.

PS, I'm assuming it is a small effort because that is the way it sounded
when I was reading other people's emails on this list, but I could be
wrong :) Perhaps you might like to search the list for something like:
record snom sip

Regards,
Adam