[Asterisk-Users] Inter-Tel AXXESS failure: HDLC Bad FCS (8) on Primary D-channel of span 1

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Wed Aug 3 07:32:48 MST 2005

Yep, another list posting on this topic :)

All the messages I've read on this are from people experiencing these errors
in quiet times - I get them as soon as I plug a port on our TE410P to an
Inter-Tel AXXESS PBX..  and I get them continuously...

I'm just sticking an * box in between ISDN30e (we're in the UK so euroisdn)
and the PBX.. and whilst the telco ISDN30e side works like a charm [1] I
simply can't get a reliable link to the PBX..

I've tried two different T1 crossovers (1-4, 2-5) with identical results and
zapata.conf is indeed using signalling=pri_cpe for the telco ISDN30e and
pri_net for the PBX

Digium support have taken me through loopback testing which came out perfect,
and the card is not sharing any IRQ, yet this error renders the card
useless :( Digium are reluctant to accept a return and replace the card since
they don't believe it to be at fault - and neither do I.

I see the same behaviour with 1.0.9 asterisk / libpri and 1.0.9.1 zaptel...
and CVS-HEAD versions of everything.

Any ideas/advice would be warmly received right now!

Cheers,
Gavin.
[1]  http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=UK+Asterisk+Details