[Asterisk-Users] IAX2, can't receive calls

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Wed Aug 3 05:27:56 MST 2005

Wilson Pickett wrote:

>>I have IAX2 (FWD) partially working. I can place calls from my
>>Asterisk box but I cam unable to receive them (comes back as
>>busy). I have my firewall forwarding the udp ports 5060, 4569,
>>5036 and 10000 thru 20000 to my asterisk server. I think I have
>>the firewall correctly setup as I can forward other services to
>>their appropriate servers. I have no mail box on the one account
>>(the one I'm testing to). I've followed the FWD instructions but
>>I've had no luck.
>

> what does iax2 show register and iax2 show peers show wrt FWD?

mozart*CLI> iax2 show registry
Host                  Username    Perceived             Refresh  State
65.39.205.121:4569    xxxxxx      69.142.122.219:4569        60  Request Sent
mozart*CLI> iax2 show peers
Name/Username    Host                 Mask             Port          Status
fwd2/xxxxxx      69.90.155.70    (S)  255.255.255.255  4569          Unmonitored
1 iax2 peers [0 online, 0 offline, 1 unmonitored]

Hmm, I do seem to have a problem but this is not what caused my
post (but I do have to fix that). I seem to be loosing registration
for about 60 seconds or so (it's registered, it's unregistered).

You're not going to beleive this, it turns out the problem is
with my BT101 and/or Asterisk config related to the 101. I thought
I had the 101 properly configured but when I switched to extenstion
2210 (a different extension) it started working. For some reason
the BT101 isn't registered (seems none of my SIP phones are). Let
me do some more work and I'll post a new message under the proper
heading for that problem.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)