[Asterisk-Users] TFTP Secondary Ports

Chad Brown chad.brown at identitymine.com
Tue Aug 2 22:46:17 MST 2005

I'm publishing tftp through my firewall to support external Cisco 7960
sip phones. I know that the primary port is 69 for tftp. However, tftp
also uses secondary ports ranging from 1,0XX to 30,XXX. ( A broad range)
In an effort to limit the secondary ports that are opened, some Windows
based tftp server such as the winagents product allows you to limit the
range of secondary ports that are used allowing you to somewhat tighten
firewall publishing rules.

Does anyone know how to do this using the linux tftp server?

Thanks, Chad