[Asterisk-Users] same extension on multiple sip phones?

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 22:19:26 MST 2005

I have a need to have the two sip phones register with the same
extension (at least I think I have the need :)

A client wants an incoming call to ring at the receptionists desk and
also at their desk.  If the receptionist is in it will be answered there
and put on hold followed by a "Joe, you have a call on line 1".

Is there a way to do this w/ asterisk?  I've played with two phones with
same sip registration and it seems the last one to register is the one
asterisk recognizes.

Thanks,
Kevin