[Asterisk-Users] This should work right??? Any caveats that you guys know about?

brent clements bcasterisktechlist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 04:03:52 MST 2005

Hello, long time lurker, first time writer....

We have the following set up

ITSP

Internet

Cisco 2600

Switch----Asterisk Server running 1.0.9(has public ip)

Cisco 515e Pix Firewall running Pix OS 5.3(run's a class c 1-to-1 nat and pat)

Grandstream GXP-2000(run latest fw from grandstream site 1.0.1.9)

The grandstream registers with the public asterisk server fine. I even
see one of the dynamic nat addresses being assigned.

The Pix Firewall has sip fixed up and all VOIP related ports are wide open.

This is the issue: We can make outgoing calls, but we can't receive
calls when the grandstream is behind the firewall If we move the
grandstream in front of the pix and give it a public ip, everything
works fine.

What is even wierder is the fact that one of our network users who is
behind the pix firewall can use ATT's VOIP service just fine.

Are there any things I should be looking for? In general is the setup
above pretty common? I've looked through the Wiki and searched google
many times but nothing that can give me any pointers.

Thanks!