[Asterisk-Users] g729 liscence question

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Aug 1 16:39:50 MST 2005

> I have a TDM400P with one FXS and one FXO..
>
> how many liscence(2) I will have to buy?

Been discussed several times on the list (check the archives) and
on the wiki.

Essentially, need a license for each codec translation, including
gsm sounds -> g729, etc.

The TDM card does not support g729, therefore you would need to count
the number of destinations that _only_ use g729 to determine the
number of licenses.  An FXS phone on the TDM card listening to
asterisk sounds won't need any, but the same phone talking to
another g729 user will need one.

Likewise, the TDM FXO port doesn't support g729.